A quality portfolio...
...provides vision into a students ability to perform or produce a product.
...showcases student improvement over time with examples from each phase of their learning.
...ties together student performance, instructor feedback, student improvement and evaluation (grades).
If your students are producing portfolios for your school, their efforts in your instrumental music program should be included. Students work very hard to improve their musical abilities and those abilities help build better people. If you are looking for ways to ensure student's musical skills and the value of your program are recognized at the highest level of your school, you need portfolios in your program.
Each viaAcademies course includes several portfolio building tools to help your students demonstrate their musical skills. We provide:
- A secure and convenient online student environment accessible anywhere, anytime.
- A teacher access account for viewing details and submissions by students within your program
- An interactive submission process allowing you as the teacher to make comments on student submission.
- A clear set of assignments guiding students on what exercises to include in their portfolio.
- The needed student software for recording their musical exercises.
- A teacher managed gradebook for assessing each submission
- Long term students and teacher access options. (a small fee is charged for access past the 12 month standard enrollment period).
Do you currently help your students build an instrumental music portfolio? How can portfolios help add value to your program?